Monday, March 23, 2009

Braidlocks for the Little Miss

After doing research on Sisterlocks for myself I looked into it for my daughter. The thing is the Little Miss has a lot of hair. I'm talking a little past her shoulders and it's all natural. On top of that, she's tender headed and prefers for me to do her hair. I can understand her angst because I'm the same way. I have to admit that when I got my Sisterlocks installed I had to take Aleve. I have the kind of pain that makes me want to pass out. I'm not kidding! It's really bad. But those two little pills made all the difference. I had a little tenderness after they were done but nothing like it could have been. Okay, I got completely off topic. Back to the Little Miss.

I learned about braidlocks a couple of weeks ago and I saw a few pictures of young girls who got them in. I felt that was my answer to doing my daughter's hair. She could have the same look as me for free. I was very confident that I could do it because I've been braiding her hair for a long time. I am good at parting and styling. So I talked to her about my plan and got her feedback.

She was still on the fence about whether she wanted a permanent style or getting her hair locked. I showed her pictures; lots of pictures and she's seen the style in action on one of the Disney show characters from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Giovonnie Samuels (She's graced the cover of the Sisterlock magazine). This young lady's hair is gorgeous so that made the Little Miss feel better. She likes the idea of not having to comb her hair any more but the permanence is a bit of a challenge to her thinking.

I made a deal with her. I'd put in the braidlocks and let her wear them for 2-4 weeks. She could see how they looked, style it, and experiment. She agreed and I went to work on her hair. So after 10 hours I completed her braid locks. I plaited them up for the night and the next day we took the plaits out. The results are wonderful. She looks so pretty with her new hair. The braidlock are wavy because of the plaits and they really complement her features. I have a happy kid. So we will keep them in for the next few weeks and do a couple of shampoos. I'll keep you up to date on her progress as well as mine.


Here are some pics of the Little Miss:

















1 comment:

  1. Y'all are for real identical! I would have thought you were twins had you not said little miss my daughter and what not! She's lovely... she get it from her mama! lol Newho shes got for real crop. Her hair is stunning and I can't wait to see the progress! But then again so is her mom's! Tell her I said enjoy!

    ReplyDelete