Saturday, July 30, 2011

Update After Long Absence






It's been a long minute since I've posted anything on this site. I apologize profusely. Life has literally gotten away from me.

My Sisterlock journey has be progressing very nicely. I am now two years and four months locked and I'm loving every minute of it.

I have just recently started wearing my hair straight. Meaning no braid-outs which is my standard hair style.



I've been swimming this week so I didn't want to put a lot of effort into my hair. It's just easier to do a quick shampoo after I get out of the swimming pool and letting it air dry.

I spritz my hair with essential oil and water mix or Nature's Shine. I love that this last product has a coconut oil base.

I'm a little more carefree with my locks now that they are longer. It's just easier to not fuss over them.

They are growing so fast now. I am happy about that but with all this heat I hate all that hair on my neck.



The up-do pictured is simple to achieve. I found elastic comfort fit headbands made by Goody's that I double then put on my hair.

I have to bend over to arrange all my hair on the top of my head, then I pull all the hair through the elastic.

I tighten as needed to get the look I want. I put a flower in for the finished look.


No comments:

Post a Comment